1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What Peavey amp rig was I using?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DWBass, Sep 28, 2008.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

DSCN0442.

Not my rig. Anyone know what model Peavey rig that is? The cab had 2x15 + 2x10 I believe. Not sure what the head was. I didn't really look at the model number. It had decent power.

DeensDayHamptonVA09-27-0810.
    DeensDayHamptonVA09-27-08.

2. I think that cabinet was the 3620, 2 18's and 2 10's. I could be wrong. I'm not sure about the head.

Mike

3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I wish I woulda actually checked out the head but had to just plug in and get going. Only thing I did was search for the ON switch which was in the back. I wanna say it had about 300w-400w of power. The cab sounded decent but but not great. My rig (Yorkie XS800, Avatar 2x10+1x12 cabs) woulda killed this rig! We had good P.A. support (Nice JBL system) so the sound overall was good enough. I didn't realize the speakers were 18"s!

4. The cab is definitely a 3620.

The head surely looks like a Mark IV (can't be certain).

5. The cabinet is a 3620 and the head is a Mark IV.

MarkIV.

6. It looks like an older Mark IV, It's hard to tell. I think I see an EQ. So many old Peavey heads look the same. That's a killer cab, though!!!

7. I guess you guys beat me to it while I was typing!

8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Yes, it definitely had an eq section which I had turned off. I just used the standard bass, mid, treble controls. It had 2 the channel sections and the inputs in the middle just like the picture above. How many watts did that thing produce? I believe that pic is of the same head. Surprisingly, the rig was in near mint condition as you can see in the pic. I'd hate to have to move that cab around though! Definitely wouldn't fit in my car!!

9. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    The old Mk IV head was 210 WRMS @ 4 ohms, 300 WRMS @ 2 ohms (one of the first SS amps rated for 2 ohms BTW). With the correct footswitch you could select either channel (the tone conrols worked differently- Channel A was more like a passive tone band, channel B had an active tone bank) or you could use the "Automix" to run both channels at the same time. I used one for a LONG time and it was utterly reliable and sounded pretty good too.

The cabinet was the 3620 with two BW 18"s and a pair of Scorpion 10's. Not my taste at all in cabinetry, but a cool idea that came out at the wrong time- just as 4x10 started getting hip. Nice thing was that those cabinets, along with the smaller 1810 (one 18" and a pair of 10"s) and the 1516 (my favorite Peavey cabinet- a 15" BW and a pair of 8" speakers- no tweeters though!) was that they had internal crossovers, but you could run them bi-amped too. I liked the 1810 best when I ran the 18 full-range and the 10's only above 150Hz. Kept the funky midrange out of the system.

jte