What pedal combinations to make a bass sound like a distorted lead guitar?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bass_Ronin, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Bass_Ronin

Bass_Ronin

May 17, 2020
    I'm trying to get a cross between a Lemmy/Cliff burton sound with a Slash lead sound. Yes I have been playing Slash guitar lines and solos and transcribing on both my 24 fret and 21 frets.

Any pedals recommendations?

2. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Give the source audio aftershock a try. this pedal is capable to give you pretty much any drive you desire using the neuro app. with the app, you can create your own drive. you can also put 2 types of drives in one section of the pedal(there's a toggle switch on the pedal for sections of dirt). this pedal should be able to give you the sound you're looking for. I have one and it is an awesome pedal to own. I recommend this pedal if you like to create distortion sounds. here's a youtube demo of the pedal.

mdalamond likes this.
  3. I was going to say octave up fuzz / any pitch shifter with octave up and dirt would do...

or just go cliff burton style and use a big muff and wah and you can still sound lead guitarish

mdalamond and RattleSnack like this.
  4. Colum

Colum

Dec 8, 2018
    DS-1. Sounds great on bass but loses too much low end for regular playing. For solos would be fine. Cheap too.
    In my opinion any octave up pitch shifter will get you more into synth territory.

5. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Supporting Member

I have been using a Broughton Dystopia (https://www.broughtonaudio.com/product-page/dystopia) into some reverb and in the upper register, it sounds exactly like a lead guitar to my ears. The pedal is REALLY tough to find though, but it is essentially a gated fuzz. You want something w almost uncontrollable distortion. It squeals when I'm not playing.

6. Bass_Ronin

Bass_Ronin

May 17, 2020
    I was thinking of buying the Earthquaker erupter fuzz with a Wah lead wah (I don't know if a Wah volume would work as well.)

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022