1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What pedal next? (Spend my money)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ctbass, Dec 17, 2018.

1. ctbass

ctbass

Jun 21, 2005
    Colorado
    Here is my board. What should be my next pedal?

I could lose the Delay and/or Octave pedal as they don't get used too often.

upload_2018-12-17_15-34-53.

2. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Compressor!!! That's my only always on pedal. The Keeley bassist is my favorite.

Spidey2112 likes this.
  3. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    If I were to send you down the path I would go...it is not all the synth doodads and time benders and sound smashers, but rather a volume pedal. That's the first pedal to get in my opinion.

4. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    That is a pretty solid board as it is.
    All the bases are covered plus with the octave-envelope-fuzz combo you can get basic synth sounds.

What type music to you most often play?

5. Frodolicious

Frodolicious

May 29, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    I'd get an OvniFx Smoothie if I had your board. If I had mine, I'd get a different compressor, or another delay pedal :D

6. What's the pedal next to Boss Chorus pedal? Is it the Hooch pedal which sends a message to the bartender?

7. What's the pedal next to Boss Chorus pedal? Is it the Hooch pedal which sends a message to the bartender?

8. What's the pedal next to Boss Chorus pedal? Is it the Hooch pedal which sends a message to the bartender?

9. Sorry about the three posts. I was getting error messages, and I thought my post was funny enough to post.

Spidey2112 likes this.
  10. How cool would that be? It's a JHS Moonshine.

@ctbass How do you like your bass through the JHS?

11. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    Get an LS-2 and reroute some of what you've got going for different sounds. I would move the DD-3 to first position (probably with mix maxed on hold mode), have the clean out of the delay hit the octaver then mix full chain and octave at the end with the LS-2. Or whatever, run dirt and modulation parallel.

12. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas El Duderino Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    Get something created with human hands, just to round out the board.

Swimming Bird likes this.
  13. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    Nice! Hadn't seen that one before. I use a DD3 + DD6 both in hold mode to pretend I have a Tensor. These glitch pedals are rad but expensive.

14. I freaking love this pedal but can't justify the cost for how little I'd get to use it. The guitarist in one of my bands got one for free as he used to do pedal reviews. I'm incredibly jealous and get annoyed when he doesn't use it, lol.

15. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    I *JUST* snagged a Tensor. It is fairly overwhelming out of the box but cool as hell. I need a few hours with it to really get my head around it. I keep watching the video demos and then trying to match the cool parts.

16. ctbass

ctbass

Jun 21, 2005
    Colorado
    That's the rub.. I play in several.....
    12 piece Funk
    80's Rock
    Contemporary Christian

17. ctbass

ctbass

Jun 21, 2005
    Colorado
    The use of compressors is widely advised and promoted. The only thing I can figure is that I just don't really know how to use them because in my attempts I never liked how they seem to take the dynamics out of my tone and sound…..

18. ctbass

ctbass

Jun 21, 2005
    Colorado
    I love the moonshine. I was looking for a pedal to add some mild dirt and drive. I researched many and most really squashed or muddied the tone. The Moonshine was the most transparent of all the drives I looked at.

jazznrick likes this.
  19. That's good to hear. I watched one of his vlogs where he answers questions, and one was about using their pedals with bass guitars. He said that any guitar pedal should work fine for bass as long as it allows the lows to pass through, and that they design all, or at least most, of their pedals with bass in mind.

That said, I really love my Darkglass Alpha-Omega and Doug, the owner, is a great guy.

ctbass likes this.