What pedals do i need to produce this sound?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by overclockerd, May 18, 2012.

  1. overclockerd


    May 10, 2012
    Hello guys, this is my first post! i'm a new bassist and i'm glad to be part of this forum ;) i'm trying to play some of Cliff Burton's stuff like the intro of For whom the bells tolls and Call of Ktulu, but i don't know what pedals i need to produce that sound. One friend of mine told me that i need a muff pedal (or something like that) and a wah-wah. I don't know the differences between pedals, so i hope that you can give me a brief explanation to what the pedals i need do. Do i need to use two pedals at once? i have a wah wah pedal for guitar, will it work fine with my bass? will a guitar amp work fine with my bass? ( to use the guitar distortion for example) and my last question is the tuning i need for these songs. Thanks for your time :D
  2. spaz21387


    Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    russian big muff and a wah pedal... cliff used an older morley wah
  3. Cliff used a USA big muff, not a Russian one.
  4. spaz21387


    Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    russians are better though.
  5. stambroker


    Aug 12, 2011
    Not better, just different. There is no "better" in music.
  6. Primary

    Primary TB Assistant

    Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

    Sep 21, 2021

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.