1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What pedals do you want but for some reason never get around to buying?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 2010P, Jul 13, 2018 at 1:09 PM.

1. 2010P

2010P

May 13, 2017
    A recent thread started here about pedals you've bought, sold and rebought has me thinking about the opposite phenomenon; Pedals you constantly watch videos of, desire and have the money for, but for some reason when you go to press the buy button you simply don't do it for whatever reason.

I'll start. I've been eyeing a Hellmouth by Abominable for the longest. I like TS variants and this one has a blend. He even had a $135 sale the other day. I had it in my cart and I was about to buy, but them a little voice said "what's the point?" Do you really need another dirt that will probably sound similar to what you already own? How bout you save your money there boy!"

And I didn't buy it after that. I still look at it, and still want it, but no, gonna pass.

Do you have a similar story?

And ps-this isn't meant to be a slogfest on any one brand or pedal. As you can see, I don't have any issue with the Hellmouth. I think it's a great pedal. I bought a Demon Lung just prior. But I just can't bring myself to press buy. So that's the spirit of this thread.

FilterFunk, bongostealth and Bo0tsy like this.
  2. A Lovetone Meatball for me. Last of the "holy grail" filters I haven't got/tried. A lack of bass demo's on YouTube puts me off a little, plus the extortionate prices that they go for, plus those thoughts in the back of my mind "do I really need one?" & "Is it going to give me anything over and above my other filters?" "How much have I already spent on filters already?!" Yet still I keep an eye on those that appear on eBay and Reverb etc...One day maybe...

HolmeBass and FilterFunk like this.
  3. FutureTense

FutureTense Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2008
    Wilton, Iowa
    A Fifth Gear overdrive. I stare at them and think I'd love to own one, but can never really buy it for some reason.

4. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Every fuzz ever made.

5. Frodolicious

Frodolicious Supporting Member

May 29, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    The Fender Marine Layer Reverb. I already have the mxr Reverb, and really enjoy! It would be redundant, but doesn't mean I dont think about it lol

6. noveltea93

noveltea93

Feb 5, 2018
    Pretty much any modulation effect. There are so many cool delays, octavers, reverbs, choruses that I'd be happy to have on my board but for the amount I use those effects my MS60B does their job well enough I always talk myself out of it.

7. brumebat

brumebat

Jan 22, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    A whammy. Ordered one off ebay a long time ago and it didn’t work, so I returned it. I’ve tried a couple octave pedals (with up and down), but could never really gel with them. Have wanted to try a pitch-shifting and harmonizing pedal for years, but can never quite pull the trigger on one. Think maybe I’m worried I’d mess with it too much while jamming with the band or that I’d end up just trying to emulate Justin Chancellor. Broke now, but once I sell something I’m looking real hard at the Whammy Ricochet :laugh:

8. Blu bro

Blu bro

Mar 1, 2012
    Aus
    Hudson Broadcast.. really want one but always feel like it’s a luxary and there is always something more urgent for me to buy instead.

Oh and a meat box. Almost bought one years ago and now they are silly prices I doubt I will buy one.

Sub-hoo-fer likes this.
  9. 4StringAxe

4StringAxe

Jul 27, 2009
    Idiotbox blower box and Tech 21 SansAmp BDDI V2.
    And oh so many more.

BrentSimons likes this.
  10. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas El Duderino Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    The VT bass series

Grahams Groove likes this.
  11. Wounded Paw Battering Ram
    HBE Hematoma
    Way Huge Pork Loin
    Darkglass B3K

12. cataract

cataract Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Reiner Gasoline
    Damnation Audio Contour Pre
    Black Arts Toneworks Pharaoh Fuzz
    Earthquaker Hoof
    Darkglass Vintage Ultra / VMT
    EAE Dude Incredible
    Pretty much anything Spaceman Effects

13. 5150
    Sheehan deluxe
    Mantic Vitriol

14. Jscriv

Jscriv

Feb 3, 2017
    Electro harmonix B9

15. I was REALLY drooling over the Blower Box for a long time. But I have 2 other pedals that get me close, and my current band probably wouldn't need that extreme of a dirt sound, at least not often enough to justify it. Plus my board is pretty packed already. But I still wants it.

Also that White Noise Static Fuzz.

16. Yeah, and a Meat Box, not sure where I would use it, and my little home PA wouldn't do it justice, but i really want one, just for the halibut.

humboldtharris likes this.
  17. davegt666

davegt666

Jun 30, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Source Audio Aftershock

Just never really got to ordering it. Still want to though hahaha

I've just never really been big on overdrive/distortion.

18. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    None. If I want it, I buy it.

19. VoodooJazz

VoodooJazz

Jun 8, 2014
    Northern California
    <your name here>
    Univibe (for guitar)
    POG
    Beat Buddy

20. somebrains

somebrains

Feb 7, 2017
    B3k/b7k.
    When I think it’s time a new model comes out or some beta feature is rumored.
    I forget about it completely and a new rush of YouTube promos is released for the next iteration.

I did buy a 6th gen iPad & apple pencile yesterday, that took a while for me to decide the product had features I actually needed.