1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What Pedals Should I Add to my Pedal Collection

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Stickk, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Stickk

Stickk

Sep 2, 2008
    Jambi
    I'm just wondering what I should add to my pedalboard. So far I have 5 (mini-collection now), an Akai Variwah, a Crowther Audio Prunes & Custard, a ProCo Turbo RAT, a Boss BF-2 Flanger, and a Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble. Soon I'll be getting a B:assmaster, a Colorsound Tonebender Fuzz, and an XP-100 Whammy. Any pedal suggestions will do. I play everything, so feel free to suggest something.:)

2. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Aside from a tuner, you might want a delay or a looper. I can't really find a lot of use for delay. I gotta get it just right for it to work. But loopers are extremely fun to use. They have a learning curve, though.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    What would be cool is if you started collecting hand-painted pedals of all sorts. If you kept at it, in time you'd have an entire board full of hand-painted pedals, and we'd all be checking out the pics of it. Think about it.

4. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    maybe a compressor

5. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    get what YOU want. :p

6. WeightedWings

WeightedWings

Feb 12, 2008
    Well if you're looking for some out of the ordinary type stuff then the Chicago Iron Parachute/Parababy.

http://www.chicagoiron.com/

Then you can record crazy sound samples so I'll know how it sounds on bass.

7. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    So, that's a "no" for the hand-painted pedal idea? Could've been cool.

8. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    Well, there are quite clearly nowhere near enough filters on your board. You seem to have no problem with buying high end pedals, so I suggest a Lovetone Meatball and a Mu-Tron.

And yes, you do NEED both...

:ninja:

9. wazzel

wazzel

Dec 27, 2007
    Houma, LA
    If you are asking you probably don't need it.