Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What pedals to get with a budget of $100?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by StrudelBass, Dec 21, 2003.

1. StrudelBass

StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    California
    Well its the Christmas season, and my Mom has given me a 100 dollar budget on whatever I want as a present. I've settled on the idea of bass gear, possibly pedals. Any suggestions?

P.S. Practice last night, my guitarist suggested I get a volume pedal... I wasn't paying attention (he's a guitarist!) so I didn't exactly get "Why" I needed one.

2. volume pedal? screw that, get a distortion pedal. make his guitar amp do some work!! ok, all kidding aside, i would suggest a distortion or wah if you play in a rock or metal band. you could find a cheap multi-effect box (i think alesis makes a $99 one, i've always been interested in that pedal) that way, you could see the effects you could really use. maybe you'll find out a flanger will really make your band rock out. who knows! or just do like i used to do, just get as many cheap pedals as you can while still in budget, like those small danelectro pedals at 20 bucks a pop. I like the multieffect box idea myself
    Charlie

3. ebay! get as many pedals as possible

4. StrudelBass

StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    California
    Got one. :D

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I just got a Digitech BP200 Bass processor on ebay for $95. Its a nice multi efx pedal. Most of the effects are decent, the chorus and flanger are pretty nice.

6. redneck2wild

redneck2wild

Nov 27, 2002
    Memphis, TN
    If you don't mind used effect pedals, you might try either http://www.musicgoround.com/ or ebay.
    The MusicGoRound stores specialize in used music gear - and will even take trade-ins.

You might want to check out Harmony Central for user ratings on effects:
    http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/
    Some effect descriptions have what the used effect pedal usually sells for.