1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What pick up should I put in it???!?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Daniel Douglass, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Daniel Douglass

Daniel Douglass Banned

Oct 11, 2017
    So I have acquired a Squier P Bass and want to pimp it abit. I am planning on getting a maple neck to change out the rosewood on.

But I also want to put a new pickup in it. I looked at the wide range humbuck from the telecaster bass but have been advised against them.

So wondered what people had put in basses that might look at bit different!
    Pictures would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys

2. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone. Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Daniel Douglass likes this.
  3. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone. Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Lace Alumitones are pretty different looking.

Bass Pickups

4. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    What don't you like about how the current pickups sound? They aren't decorations, they're a functional part of the instrument.

Daniel Douglass, Slater and Haroldo like this.
  5. Daniel Douglass

Daniel Douglass Banned

Oct 11, 2017
    It is a fair point well made. To be honest this bass isn’t going to anything but a bit of fun. I have a jazz bass and a thunderbird which has me covered for gigging etc. Always just wanted to make some sort of frankinsteins monster of a bass, just chop and change stuff for the fun of doing it really (I like taking this apart and building things - like Lego!)

6. Daniel Douglass

Daniel Douglass Banned

Oct 11, 2017
    I am heading towards a mudbucker! think that would look sweeeetttt! Just need to decide if it replaces the p pickups or it sits at the bottom of the neck?!?!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  7. CatchaCuda

CatchaCuda

Feb 3, 2018
    Transfer, PA
    The look of this one alone makes me wish I could play it. I'm not even too into Fender and fender like basses (though I own a squire J). C'Mon, it looks great!
    Not mine: 5s 001.