1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

what pick-ups in my custom bass?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by paulf1, Sep 14, 2008.

1. paulf1

paulf1

Jan 5, 2006
    Liverpool uk
    I'm getting a new custom made bass, and I'm looking for advice on pup and eq selection. The bass will be semi acoustic lik a ken laurence chambre bass. it's a 5string tuned with a high c. I've been looking at aero (k series) and nordstrand pick-ups and demeter, mike pope and east (u retro) eq's. I'm looking to get a softer sound, any advice would be great!

2. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    if you wait a while, fred hammon is comin out with a fivestring darkstar "soon" :)

3. fullrangebass

fullrangebass

May 7, 2005
    Europe
    Aero pickups and Mike Pope preamp will give you waht you are looking for

4. paulf1

paulf1

Jan 5, 2006
    Liverpool uk
    Thanks for your posts,
    The problem is i'm from the uk and there isn't much choice in the way of eq's. (apart from east)
    Does anybody know where to buy mike pope pre amps from that will diliver to the uk? Thanks again

5. fullrangebass

fullrangebass

May 7, 2005
    Europe
    You might as well contact Mr Pope here. Search thepontiff. That's his user name

6. paulf1

paulf1

Jan 5, 2006
    Liverpool uk
    Thanks again, I just ordered a Mike Pope pre amp. It seems damb good, can't wait till the bass is ready and I can get to hear it. Does anybody know how long Aero pickups take to recieve?