Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What pickup brand should i choose!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Mikkel-S, Jul 28, 2001.

1. Mikkel-S

Mikkel-S Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Hi......... I've been wondering about the difference between different brands like: Bartolini, Emg, Lane Poor, Seymour Duncan, MEC......... yeah...i'm a beginner so i dont no much about pickups. But my bass-teacher say that i should replace my pickups.....so what brand...

I got a Fretless Fender Jazz mex.

2. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Hey....c'mon guys....i'm waiting for your supply'ing

3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

It would be nice not to have pup routing cut, so you may want to stick with J style pups,

Go to www.bassplayer.com ,click on "Gear" at the top of the page, and on the right hand side of that page you'll see a J pickup shootout with a whole slew of them compared.

4. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

5. rickbass

"...Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." :D

Besides, I don't want to go there and copy the address. I've almost got it memorized.

6. rickbass

BTW, did your teacher say why you should replace your pickups?

If they sound fine to you, tell the teacher to either pay for them, give you some guidance on why you need them and help select some, or stuff it and get on with the lessons. ;)

7. stroy05

stroy05 Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Fodera Basses, Noble Amps, Aguilar Amps, JHAudio Inears
    Hey...Aero Instrument Pickups!!!

They make direct replacement pickups for the Mexican Fender Jazz bass. They are the only company I have found that makes them in that size.

Also they are the best pickups in my book!

I just recieved my custom Zon with Aero pickups and i like them so much that I am going to get a set for my other Zon.

8. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark