Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What pickup for my Ibanez

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Wild Bill, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    I play an Ibanez SRX400, I like it and all but I was wondering if I could put a passive humbucker in it?
    Its an active bass and I'd like to mod the sound a bit.
    I play mostly rock and I need a nice musicman like pickup.
    Any :help: would be greatly appreciated

[​IMG]

2. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Check w/ EMG. They have a few pick ups that fit right in there.

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    The pickups in your SRX400 ARE passive. You have an active bass if you have either active pickups and/or an active preamp (i.e. bass boost). But your pickups are passive.
    What don't you like about your current sound? What sound do you want?

4. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    I'd like a good rock tone, like a p-bass sound. I may be asking alot, but anything that you guys would think would be suitable for a good Rock tone.

5. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    The SRX400 already has a pretty good rock tone IMO. Kinda trebly but I think they sound pretty cool.

If you are looking for more versatility I would get in touch with EMG and ask for their recomendations on which extended series p/u will give you what you want. You can do this via e-mail to their tech dept.

I eneded up with the 35p for my bass but I'm waiting to install them on my SRX500 that I ordered instead of my 300.