1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What pickup is on the Peavey Grind,

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by wagstaff, Oct 5, 2009.

1. And how do you think it would sound as a bridge pickup with a Peavey Mill single coil in the neck?

Mark

2. They are terrible passive rail humbuckers slapped into a Bart style casing. I replaced mine with qtuners and it was like taking a blanket off my speaker cab.

3. PIC'S !!!

4. heath_r_91

heath_r_91

Jun 3, 2006
    Topeka Area, Kansas
    Endorse:Artus-Basshanger-Dava-EC-Hartke-Orange-InEarz-SHS-Tigi
    Hmm. That's strange.

Take this with a grain of salt since this memory is from when I first started playing and it was a long time in the past, but...

I remembered the Peavey Grind basses sounding very good and fairly agressive. Almost like a Stingray but not, if that makes since.

I guess it may just be different strokes for different folks.

5. Well the stock pickups are at my dad's house where I do all my soldering, so pics of that will have to wait til the weekend...but if you meant pics of the bass with Qtuners, then that I can do. The bridge pickup wasn't bad...I wouldn't say Stingray-like, but maybe weak J-bass bridge-like.

PICT0002-4.