Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what pickups are best for a Squier P-bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by decipher_bass, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. decipher_bass

decipher_bass

May 4, 2004
    hey talkbassers, im hoping to get some new picups for my squier p-bass for my 8th grade graduation present, but im not sure which ones will make my bass sound great, my band plays mostly classic rock and my squier is completely stock

help me out if u can
    peace

2. Welcome!!

My squier has a Dimarzio model P in it. very 'rock' and can hack through to cranked marshalls. As you said classic rock, I would strongly recommend the model p, as it was introduced in 1977. Put a good set of nickel roundwounds on it, and you're off!! Tone maxed out, growly heavy rock, halfway, geezer butler territory and rolled off completely, you have a tone good for hendrix.

Hope you enjoy your stay at talkbass!

3. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    +1 for the SD 1/4 Pounder. I borrowed one of my friend's MIM Fender P with that pup in it, and it really rocked. It had a very full sound, and a hot output. I wish I had a P to put that pup in.

:bassist:

4. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    As others have stated here, the SD quarter pounders seem to be the way to go.

Otherwise this topic has been discussed here a gazillion times.
    Please check out the search feature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.