Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What Pickups are people using with Eurosonics

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by JAS, Aug 14, 2005.

1. JAS

JAS

Jul 3, 2001
    California
    I have been using either a magnetic pickup or the full circle or a combo of the two with the Eurosonics. The magnetic does not sound too good and the full circle is usually too thuddy. I guess I am going to try my old underwood. What do you eurosonic users think?

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
  3. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Wow.. I guess I'm a dumb bass player.

4. hofner

hofner

Dec 7, 2003
    france
    The underwood will be perfect imho...

5. Some would say that's redundant.

6. buffalobillh

buffalobillh

Jul 20, 2005
    Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Samuel Shen Basses, NS Design, D'Addario Strings
    Schaller magnetic. Revolution Solo starting next week.

7. PB+J

PB+J

Mar 9, 2000
    arlington va
    I've been using the Full Circle, quite happy with it

8. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Marcus, you're not dumb. You probably just haven't been exposed to the Rev Solo yet. But if you have and you went back to whatever you were using before, then you're dumb! :)

Oh, it's just a joke...lighten up! Seriously, though, it's the best pickup I've used. You could use a magnetic pickup with Eurosonics and probably do fine, but I don't like how they don't pick up enough sounds from the body and neck.

9. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    I'd like to try one. I haven't seen any out here yet. If and when my K&K craps out, the Solo would be on the short list to replace it.

10. nicklloyd

nicklloyd Supporting Member/Luthier

Jan 27, 2002
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I used the Eurosonics for awhile with a Realist. Worked fine.

11. JAS

JAS

Jul 3, 2001
    California
    Well yesterday, I tried my old Underwood and it sounded pretty good. For some reason the full circle always sounds very tubby with these strings on my bass. The underwood (at least in the room that I used it in) seemed to get more of the midrangy sound that was lacking, without being boomy. We'll see tomorrow how it sounds in another room.