1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What pickups?!?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Cliff em'All, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Cliff em'All

Cliff em'All

Sep 27, 2004
    Im confused as to what pickups Im looking for so I figured you guys might know more than I do. So ill just tell you guys what sounds Im looking for ....I have a six string washburn xb600 bass ,its tuned E-E so I want some pickups that have a nice low end but also a very nice high end, I want something that will sound real good with distortion too cause I find myself using that alot. Right now I have plenty of money for these so price range isnt much of a concern. So basically something with good Highs and Lows something that is friendly with effects pedals, something that would give a good heavy metal kinda sound with the right settings :cool:
    any ideas or recomendations? Ive been looking into the EMGs but there are so many models for the six string i donno which ones would fit my taste :confused: