Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What pickups?!?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Cliff em'All, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Cliff em'All

Cliff em'All

Sep 27, 2004
    Im confused as to what pickups Im looking for so I figured you guys might know more than I do. So ill just tell you guys what sounds Im looking for ....I have a six string washburn xb600 bass ,its tuned E-E so I want some pickups that have a nice low end but also a very nice high end, I want something that will sound real good with distortion too cause I find myself using that alot. Right now I have plenty of money for these so price range isnt much of a concern. So basically something with good Highs and Lows something that is friendly with effects pedals, something that would give a good heavy metal kinda sound with the right settings :cool:
    any ideas or recomendations? Ive been looking into the EMGs but there are so many models for the six string i donno which ones would fit my taste :confused: