1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What pisses me off (a rant)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by GabeN, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GabeN

GabeN

Feb 27, 2006
    Chugiak, AK
    Here's what really pisses me off to the maximum. It's those stupid comments and sometimes even whole topics devoted to saying who is the worst bassist ever. I constantly see guys like Fieldy and Flea and Mark Hoppus get put down because they're "sloppy" or somebody doesn't like their style. It's just petty. Those guys may not be as wonderfully talented as Stu Hamm or Vic Wooten or the other guys that tap and play little ditties and solo or whatever but they've got a hell of a lot of talent and their respective bands wouldn't be who they are without these guys.

Every single bassist no matter how "good" or "bad" has a very distinctive place in their band. No other bassist can really replace the work they do. Take Fieldy for example. Do you honestly think you could replace him? Do you think you could sound better than he could in the band he's in? You may say "yeah, sure" but the reality of it is that you'd probably sound absolutely terrible and vastly impact the character of the band's sound as a whole in a negative way.

All that is just to say this: quit getting down on guys who aren't your style or they don't play super accurately or know all the scales and arpeggios or whatever. Every single bassist no matter how talented or not is a vital part of their band's sound and cannot be replaced.

2. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Your left mouse button click is a voluntary action.

3. by posting this rant you've only sunk to their level.

4. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    Don't know what you're getting all worked up about? Mark Hoppus is the man who convinced me I didn't need a tone knob on my bass. I liked that idea so much I took the tone controls off all my equipment. My band loves me now. I don't waist their time trying to conform to what the jerks in the audience think sounds "good" or "tasteful." Screw other people man, I make music for me and I know no one could ever play root notes with the mojo and intensity that I do. I rawk!

On a side note...why's Flea included in this little group?

5. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    I agree with you totally man!! Fieldy is KoRn. Without him there would be no KoRn. Same for other bassists. No one can replace what they contribute to their bands. +1 for you for posting this thread!:bassist:

6. Lammchop93

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    We don't need this talk.:mad: Respect each other and their beliefs!

7. grace & groove

grace & groove

Nov 30, 2005
    philly
    Self-Appointed Ambassador to the Dragonfly
    Those are annoying, I agree since it is the most subjective thing anyway, but what I REALLY hate are those rant threads people make to look cool because they're complaining about obviously serious stuff.

8. GabeN

GabeN

Feb 27, 2006
    Chugiak, AK
    :confused::rollno:

Man, I guess I opened a big-ass can of worms. Cynicism FTW!

9. no, for it is That talk which is Un-Needed.

you spit at me?

how respectful is that?

10. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    He didn't spit, the emoticon did.

11. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    I hate it when people can't keep their emoticons in check. If you let 'em out to cause all sorts of havoc, they're your responsibility.

12. grace & groove

grace & groove

Nov 30, 2005
    philly
    Self-Appointed Ambassador to the Dragonfly
    Don't act like it wasn't your intention. Your thread title, topic, and first post (not to mention the nature of rants) all drip negativity. The majority of people don't appreciate it and thus will argue.

If somebody complains how ugly and unkempt your 5-year old daughter is, do you say thanks for pointing it out we won't let that happen again? Especially if you disagree and think she is clean in the first place?

Do not shake your head at a negative response to your negativity. Do not start a thread so you can argue with people and shake your head when they start to argue.

Instead, when you see one of those threads that you dislike so much that they actually PISS YOU OFF, then, in a negotiable and humane manner, explain to the the thread-starter your problem with the topic of the thread and why they shouldn't post stuff like it.

And I'll save you some face right now because I can see your response in my head. Your a typical internet personality. Don't respond to this talking about my view point on rants. Anything you say will be hypocritical because of the topic of this thread that you started. Just trust me and I hope I don't have to spell this out for you either.

Finally, I might be too harsh here but I think I'm not inciting anything on an actual bad level. Ehh, I'm a little blunt. Sorry for that.

13. Lammchop93

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Sorry, Sorry didn't mean it like that.:) :bassist: Chaned the emoticons for ya.

14. bhernco

bhernco

Mar 1, 2008
    Hawaii
    Flea is the man and Stanley Clarke must think so, He is on the Night School DVD and does some pretty nice stuff. For me I have found that to just hold the groove in the tops bands you got to be one of the best. You could not judge Stu Hamm by his work with Sach. We all know the drill, just hold the groove while the lead guitar struts his stuff!

15. :)

16. El-Bob

El-Bob Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Hamilton, ON
    :meh::):eyebrow::eek::smug::confused::crying::mad::hyper::cool::help::rolleyes::ninja::p:bag::D :bassist: ;):bawl::oops::scowl::rollno::(

confused yet? i sure am...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.