1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

what pots to get, need in a hurry

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Justin Tuskey, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Hey guys, i did a little searching and didnt qite find what i was looking for. i have an ibanez SR5005, got it from a TBer, and the stacked bass/treble pot is loose (i can wiggle it back and forth) it is kind scratchy, and i cannot turn them independently with one hand ( i have to secure one while i turn the other, or they both turn at the same time) i need to replace these ASAP and have no idea what to buy. sorry this is long and confusing, i just need some quick help! thanks in advance!
    -justin

2. Baleen

Baleen

Nov 8, 2006
    Philadelphia
    Try this:
    -Remove the knobs, and secure the pot in the body/pickguard.
    -Reinstall the knobs so they don't interfere with each other.

That might solve your problem. If the pot is also scratchy, get a can of pot cleaner (DeoxIT) and spray some in the back of the pot.

3. really, i didnt know that. i just opened her up in the back, and wow its kinda crammed and messy in there, and i dont know if i can actually get behind the preamp board to get to the pots, its that crammed. i just dont want to break anything, because this bass is going on the market. thanks for the response though! i will see what i can do

nevermind, i just reread your post, i dont even need to get in the electronics, you said to remove the knobs >_< wow im glad i am starting school tomorrow, i need to learn how to read :p