what power amps do you have?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SubDubMan, May 8, 2002.

1. SubDubMan

Apr 26, 2002
    for those of you that have a rack setup...
    what kind of a power amp do you have?
    what would you recommend in the 1000w range?
  2. I don't have a power amp myself, but I always hear people talking about Carvin DCM, QSC PLX, and Stewart World power amps.

Check out this thread:
    Which Power Amps Would You Choose?
  3. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Hey! That's my thread! :D Here's another one that has some good information in it. I juts purchased one of these amps and I am anxiously awaiting it's arrival.

E&W Power Amps
  4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I have a Carvin DCM1500 and a few QSC's including a 2402.......both brands have been good to me:D
  5. incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    I have an Ashly FET 2000M (500w x2) and would recommend the brand without hesitation. Mine is about 10 years old and has put out nice clean power the whole time without a hint of trouble. I hear great things about Stewart, QSC, Carvin and Carver amps as well.
  6. chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    QSC RMX 1850HD for me. It's heavy, but the price, power, and sound are right for my needs.
  7. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Hafler Pro5000, 900 watts @ 8 ohms bridged.
  8. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    Stewart World 250 for the churchie gigs, and World 1.2 for the not-so churchie gigs. :D i love the fact that the Stewart's are as quiet as mice. no fan, but i'm not pushing them that hard in the first place.

Peavey DPC1400x for backup. the peev's not bad, but for quite situations the variable speed fan is annoying.
  9. QSC RMX2450 here. Running a POD Pro into it. So far it sounds phenominal.
  10. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    carvin dcm1000 here. for the $$$, theres nothing better. for a decent amount MORE money - there's still nothing better.

11. Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    No Bogus Endorsements
    > QSC RMX2450 here. Running a POD Pro into it. So
    > far it sounds phenominal.

Though I wouldn't need one with that much grunt and couldn't afford all the cabs it would take, that's the same idea I had - a good used POD Bass Pro for around $300 and another $300-$400 for a good new QSC power amp. They're really cheap right now.

Considering the price and the versatility, I can't for the life of me figure out why more people don't do this.
  12. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Green Audio GA-1000 (2x500W @ 4 Ohm)

Built like a tank (heavy!), but still as good as new after 10 years (and I bought it already used!).

I need something smaller for my rig (it's 3 rack spaces) and lighter (40 kg!), but I'll always keep it.
  13. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    QSC RMX2450...awesome!!!
  14. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    2 Crown Powerbase 3's @ 720w/channel and 2 Mackie 1400i. All are great.

15. QSC USA 850. I havn't got the chance to turn it on yet (no bannana plugs:()