1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What preamp tubes for my Mesa M2000?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Randy W Lopez, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Randy W Lopez

Randy W Lopez Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2003
    Dearborn Heights, MI
    Endorsing Artist-MESA BOOGIE
    I want to replace the preamp tubes on my recently acquired Mesa Boogie M2000 head but can't seem to find any info on what type tubes are recommended.
    I know I could take off cover and look but that doesn't mean those are the original.
    Reason for my concern is at some levels I believe one of them,if bot all, is starting to break up.
    Boogies site just says there 3 of them but no other clue.

2. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    There are 3 tubes in there 2 for the tube channel and one Higher gain for the drive channel. If it sounds like tube distortion make sure you have the drive switched off and the Gain is not maxed out on either channel.

3. You are correct. I apologize, 3 tubes. However, I believe that all 3 are the 12AX7's

4. Randy W Lopez

Oct 19, 2003
    Dearborn Heights, MI
    I get more of a ping sound. I've experianced this before with tubes on there way out.
    With all the other tags after 12AX7 or the AU types I'm trying to cut the confusion.

5. Randy W Lopez

Oct 19, 2003
    Dearborn Heights, MI
    Anyone?

6. Randy W Lopez

Oct 19, 2003
    Dearborn Heights, MI
    :meh:

7. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    Why not contact Mesa Boogie directly?

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021