1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What preamp will work with my Bart P-J set?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by C5DEMON, Jan 1, 2012.

1. C5DEMON

C5DEMON

Mar 20, 2011
    Clovis, NM
    I'm not too famailiar with the pickup and preamp combinations but i got Bart P-J pickups to replace my emg's and the barts don't work with the preamp. The bass is an Ibanez SR1500 and i am not sure of the preamp, but i'm just going to replace the pre too and i want to get something that works with the Barts. Again I don't know much about this stuff so any suggestions for a plug and play preamp would be appreciated. I do know that i like active 3 band eq's and have 4 holes for knobs. Thank you in advance for your help.

Ross

This is the preamp i was thinking of using: Bartolini 4.7 Active/Passive 3 band bass preamp 9 or 18 volt | eBay

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Any of the Bart preamps should work.

3. cjmodulus

cjmodulus

Jul 15, 2010
    Bart pres should work fine. Ive also seen a few manufacturers make basses with Bart pickups and Aguilar pre amps (modulus in particular comes to mind here).

4. C5DEMON

C5DEMON

Mar 20, 2011
    Clovis, NM
    Thanks guys, I got a Bart HR-4.6 on order and i'll give it a shot. I appreciate it!