Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WHAT PRICE??????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassplayer#7, Jun 24, 2004.

1. bassplayer#7

bassplayer#7

Jun 10, 2004
    I just bought the Mesa Boogie walkabout w/scout, and now I want to get rid of my Fender Bassman 200. It's only 8mo. old but didn't work well with my dble. bass. I was offered $300.00
    for it but I'm not sure if I should hold out for more(I paid $620 for it). Does anyone have an idea as to what is a good sell price for this amp is? :help:

2. dedmyers

dedmyers

Dec 23, 2003
    Tennessee
    Excellent!,
    I have the head matched w/ Aggie cabs and love it.

3. i try not to pay more than 50% of street price for used gear, unless the market strongly dictates otherwise. of course, i'm a cheapskate and i'm patient enough to wait for that price to come along. every so often, as in the case of my bergantino HT-112, they are quite rare on the used market sell very quickly at asking price.

if you're a patient seller you could probably find someone willing to pay you up to $400 or $450, but you may have to sit on it for a while and periodically post ads on harmony central, bassgear.com, and the TB classifieds. is the extra cash worth the time for you? sometimes it's nice to just be able to unload something and have money instead.

robb.