1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What product would you love to see on the market?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by CrackBass, Nov 22, 2006.

1. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    what amp, cab, or gizmo do you guys wish was out there for sale, but isn't. just wondering what everybody thinks. please keep suggestions within the limits of physics and current technology. (i would also like a 4000 watt combo that will fill the biggest gigs and fits in your pocket and costs 50 bucks)

i wish there was a synth pedal that sounded badass and tracked flawlessly with a cost under $200.00 new.

2. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    Cables that don't crackle.....ever!

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Probably better off in misc.

I'd say a midi pickup/bass with no delay.

4. RareBear

RareBear

Oct 30, 2006
    Since I don't play in bands anymore and mostly play with records, I wish for something that would let me play with all the songs I like without having to ever fart around with tuning up or down to be in tune with the record. It would be nice to have the ultimate automated tuning bass that takes a feed from a music source and lets you trigger a routine to synch to a tone from a record. Crazy and unlikey, but something that would make a difference between playing and not bothering on many occasions.

5. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Just posted this in another thread...

I'd like to see a DI box sized preamp from thunderfunk. Something than can drive a power amp, and also handle phantom power. Being capable of being powered by phantom power would be a nice touch. I'd like to see it have enhance/timbre knobs, bass/treble shelving EQ, and perhaps one band of semi parametric EQ if it can be squeezed in.

6. the re-release of Trave Elliot V-Types, no BS as with the current line; the badass of TE as we know it! :hyper:

7. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    My very first bit of moderating - agreeing with tplyons, moved to miscellaneous. :)

8. mambo4

mambo4

Jun 9, 2006
    Dallas
    I would LOVE a deluxe version of the Sans-amp Programmable Bass DI With the following addtions:

2 extra program slots / foot switches

3 extra knobs:
    Parametric mid sweep
    Parametric midboost/cut knob
    Compressor/limiter

Extra drool for a decent built in tuner:D

9. I'd like to see a modern, spec-ed out version of the old Acoustic 360 - similar to what Ashdown have done with their retro looking but modern tech amps.

10. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    i'd like to see Aguilar make a big brother to the DB359 that is 300 watts all tube but still the same weight or lighter. I would also like it to have SPeakon connections (my db 359 doesn't).

I also would like to see Fender come out with a late 60's American Vintage Reissue jazz which would have VVT knobs, perloid block inlay and bound neck. I would also like to see a mid 70's American Vintage Reissue Precision with Ash body, Maple Neck, 1.650" nut width, and 70's logo.

11. I would like the rerelease of the 2-Tek, so all us younguns can appreciate it

12. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    An amp/speaker combo that sounds like an SVT and weighs 5 lbs.

13. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    An effects processor that instead of adding reverb, takes it away from those echoey rooms with hard shiny surfaces everywhere.

14. 905

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway
    Frets with no buzz, ever!

Re-issue of every bass that was ever produced. If only to give us too many choices.

15. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Me and my friend were talking about building a skat pedal.

Graeme

16. strings that never break or loose their brightness

17. mvw356

mvw356

Mar 2, 2006
    Brussels
    a small bass valve amp, about 25 watts, needs to be light and preferably cheap too.
    also inflatable 8x10 cabs would be neat.