Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WHAT R SUM COOL THINGS TO DO TO SHOW VOTE FOR THE CROWD

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by cool dude todd, Feb 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I HAVE ONLY BEEN PLAYIN SINCE X MAS AND I HAVE NO MOVES (CEPT THE HEAD SPINAROONI THING BUT IM NOT ALLOWED TO DO THAT MY PARENTS SAY LOL) WAT ELSE CAN I DO THAT LOOKS COOL?????????????? :confused:

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    I'd say learn to play the instrument before trying to find things to show off with.

And stop shouting, please.

3. Learn to slap something, really fast. I dont care how cheap it is. Everyone is ALWAYS impressed by slapping

sim

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, i hear they're really impressed if you slap yourself in the head with your bass really really fast.

i'd be.

:D

5. Play well!

6. i can play i just get bored because thats all i do 24/7 o cept sleep and eat and go on here but even wen im at school im fingering my air bass lol

7. Learn some finger tapping. It sounds really cool and is really easy once it clicks with you. Please depress the CAPS LOCK key as well:)

8. IS >>>>>this<<<<<<BETTER lol

9. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :eek:

watch where you finger that air bass. you might get expelled for that. :D

10. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    is it election day already?

11. Play well, that impresses the crowds more than jumping off your amp or something. For cool moves? Well, let's just say I have none because my lack of coordination doesn't permit it.... :rolleyes:

12. All you have to do is look into it.

What that means is you have to enjoy playing. If you just stand still when you're into it, then...well, that's the way you do it. If you swing your head from side to side when you're into it, then that's the way you do it. If you thrash around on stage like a moron, greatly increasing the chances of hitting your head on something when you're into it, then that's the way you do it.

But if you're looking to do something because you're bored...maybe you're not really into the music?

13. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

He is looking into it, by asking the question here. Although the method of investigation is naturally rather "blunted" by the primitive grasp of language evidenced!

I would suggest more "looking in" to TalkBass and less shouting, would achieve better results! ;)

14. Argh ! AOL alert.. :mad:

15. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Uh.............................................no.:confused:

16. The guys in this part of the forum are a bit stiff necked... I suggest you hop over to Double Bass and post there. You should get a much more positive response with all those hip people.

And they shouldn't even bug you about using the caps key, so don't worry about that.

;)

17. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    ya wanna impress people? the best way to do that is play your instrament proficiently.

18. bizzaro

bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Vermont
    If you really want to impress the crowd with antics. This gets them evey time.(Especially the crowd I think you will be playing to). Turn all your volume knobs way up and then comence to pummel the drum kit with your bass. Once the kit is totally distroyed move on to the guitar amps. Just beat the crap out of them!!!! When you have just about finished destroying equipment on stage, complete the scene by raising your bass way over your head and smash it with all your might down onto the stage.

Then you just use some band glue to put it all back together for the next show. Make sure you do it on your final song cause band glue takes a while to dry.

Hope you can read this, sorry I don't know the new short hand stuff.;)

AWSOME!!!! :cool: :rolleyes: :

19. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    Ditto what Sheepy and Mama Cass said, although there is a certain appeal to what Behind The Moon says... :eek::D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.