1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What rack bag for my Epifani UL502?? 2 Space!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bikeplate, Feb 24, 2008.

1. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Hey people. Im getting tired of taking my Epifani head out of its carry bag every show. Thought it would be easier to permanantly mount it in a nice nylon rack bag. Which one are u using? I figured a 2 space would be fine. I dont need any other space. Interested in any feedback. Thanx to all

Rob

2. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
  3. bikeplate

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Thanx for the tip Hopefully a local store has one so I can check it out

Rob

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    i really like the gator bag i'm using for my 902. lighter than most, yet feels pretty darn solid. the pocket even has pen holders!

another good one is aguilar's own bag, which i think is protec, and yet feels a tad lighter than the regular protec.

whatever you do, dont get the warwick rockbag. those things are pretty darn heavy, tho they do feel solid. still, a rackbag for me, should be easier to carry than flightcase!

5. I'm also using the Gator 2 space bag, since the 502 won't fit in a standard 'hard' 2 space rack:meh:

I dislike rack bags in general, but am stuck using one with the 502. The Gator seems as good or better than most.. nice external pocket, and pretty good protection. It does look a bit cheezy to me (and this is magnified by the very hi tech and high quality look of the 502), but no one would notice.

6. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Another +1 on the Gator Rack Bag! Great bag!

7. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    I looked at the gator also but the ProTec is a much nicer, better constructed bag. Not 'cheezy at all.

Just IMO-- not tryin' to make anybody mad-- I'm really just trying to be helpful.:D

8. That bag looks nice... no cheezy 'Gator' badge on the pocket, and I actually like the vertical orientation with the handles. I can't comment on quality, but looks alone give this one the upper hand to me.

The Gator does seem well made though. I've only had mine for a week or so, but it seems like it should hold up. I still just hate the way they look sitting on top of a cab though... I greatly prefer the clean look of a real rack (along with the greater protection). However, that's not an option with the 502, so either one of these bags look like they would be fine.

9. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Yeah, the ProTec bag does look very nice. It is also twice the price of the Gator rack bag though if that is an issue for anybody. I don't think a $50 difference is enough for anyone currently posting in this thread to worry about however...:ninja:

I do like my Gator bag though. Yes, it isn't as "clean" looking up on top of a speaker cab, but I can't say it has really bothered me at all.

10. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    The gator bag is great, and a bit lighter than the protec as well - which is a great bag as well.

11. bikeplate

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Thanx, Fellos!! Gonna make my life easier to pick one up. Appreciate the advice

Rob