Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What rack/flight/bag to get

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by orskard, Dec 1, 2004.

1. orskard

orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    Indiana
    Hey, i just got my QSC PLX1202 and i havent figured it all out yet, but it is still really nice. I want to get a pre amp to go with it probally the RBI and i want to put them in a case. I figured a 4 space would be best to get so i have a space for a vent and if i want a power conditioner.

I dont fly with my gear, i dont gig much, and i move my own gear. So i dont have a need for a huge case that will weight me down. I need something that will do the job of holding my gear in place and still protect it. I know some people use rack bags, but i wonder if that will be strong enough, and i dont think that the shoulder strap will hold.

i will probally end up finding some kind of SKB on ebay or here even. i just dont know how deep i need to make sure it is. my PLX is 14" deep and i will need to add a inch or so so i can leave my cables in there. so should i look for like a 16" or 18" do they sell racks in those sizes?

any other tips or ideas would be great!

2. orskard

orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    Indiana
    bump-izzle

anyone?

3. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    SKB or Gator (i suggest ebay)

OR a rack bag will work fine, but it will be too heavy for the shoulder strap. Modern Case makes the best ones.

That's my .02

4. orskard

orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    Indiana
    i need a 19 incher right?