What Rack Tuner shall I get...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by NDbassist, Apr 29, 2005.

1. NDbassist

Apr 17, 2005
    Yeah Im searching for a Rack tuner. Sabines seem to get higher reviews then Korgs... Any specific models that you all suggest?
  2. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i have a korg dtr 1000. work good. most of the time i use my korg gt-3
  3. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    In my experience with them, I never liked the Sabines. I found the Korgs easier to use and read.
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'm using a Korg DTR-2, never a problem.

Though, this should be in Misc. IMO.
  5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND

BTW, I use a Korg, not sure which model right now, but I have been very happy with it. I have owned it for a few years and it has worked perfectly.
  6. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    I currently own both the Korg DTR-1000 and the Sabine RT7000 (obviously used with seperate rigs).

Personally, I like the Sabine better. Seems a little more straight forward to me. If I didn't know better, I'd swear I tune faster with the Sabine. Kinda' hard to explain, but the Korg's meter tends to bounce around a little more, which may be attributed to the fact that it's designed to be more precise. However, I've never had tuning issues with either one, and they both appear to be of decent quality, so I recommend you just buy whichever one matches your rig better. :D
  7. Exactly.

There's a point to where the Korg is "too accurate" for it's own good. You spend a lot of time bouncing between flat and sharp of "on."

Do a search and you'll find like 20 of these threads from the past week or so.
  8. Sir Squier

Sir Squier

Apr 29, 2005
    i say a Korg or a Boss but thats me.