What replacement bridge for my MIM J-Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jerryjg, Aug 24, 2009.

1. MrWalker

MrWalker

Apr 3, 2002
    Norway
    There seems to be a difference in the various bridges, but depending on a lot of other factors, it may in fact be pretty subtle. :)

However, if you feel like changing the bridge, going for a Badass, Gotoh 201 or a Hipshot might be a good deal for you. They are heavier and sometimes smoother. Personally, I've always had a preference for the Schaller bridges, as they are highly flexible. However, they do not fit the standard 5 screw pattern of the Fenders.

When I changed the bridge on my Fender Precision back in the day, it was because the strings kept snapping. I guess the saddle for some reason contributed to that. After I went to a Schaller bridge, I never had a string break again. And my playing style did not change. So I presume the bridge had some say in it. :)

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021