1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What replacement pickups fit my Rockbass Streamer LX 5?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Philthy, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Philthy

Philthy Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2001
    Flanders, NJ
    I have one of the newer Rockbass Streamer LX 5 string basses by Warwick and I'm looking to change the stock passive MEC passive Dynamic Correction J style pickups. They're putting out some bad hum; almost if they are microphonic. Bridge and neck pickup seem to be the same size. I tried the EMG J bridge size pickup and they don't fit. Seems like the pickup "ears" are too close together.

Any suggestions on what might fit? I've been trying to find a set of active MEC J pickups but no luck on this board.

Thanks!!

2. Philthy

Jun 12, 2001
    Flanders, NJ
    Any suggestions?

3. Philthy

Jun 12, 2001
    Flanders, NJ
    TTT

4. Philthy

Jun 12, 2001
    Flanders, NJ
    bump

5. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    What are the measurements of the pickups?

6. Philthy

Jun 12, 2001
    Flanders, NJ
    94mm x 17mm

7. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    That is the standard measurement for a Jazz bridge pickup (neck is shorter) so you need 2 bridge pickups to fit in there.

Go to www.bestbassgear.com and look at their pickups, most of which have detailed schematics of their sizes, including the mounting hole spacing so you can find what will fit for sure.

8. 4StringTheorist

4StringTheorist Supporting Member

Just be careful about split coil humbuckers that are meant for a 4-string. Your A string on a 5er will be right over the split between those two coils.

Also make sure that the pickup can handle the string spacing that will be passing over it. These would work, but you'll want to measure the string spread over your bridge pickup to check with that coil drawing.

So single coils are your best bet. If you want to go for humbuckers, stick with stacks or side-by-side dual-coils like SGDs.