1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

what series is my precision

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tbird99, Jul 18, 2012.

1. tbird99

tbird99

Jun 29, 2012
    Dalton, Ga
    its a mim ive looked everywhere for what kind it is but i cant find it with lake placid blue and the gold anodized pg i got it for $500 today even though it has never been owned , the store owner said it was 2011 the serial number is mx11155363 i think its the classic 50s series but i don't know because it doesn't come in blue also when i enter the serial number in theguitardaterproject.com decoder it says not recognized can you guys please help me, here are some pics

Attached Files:

2. tbird99

tbird99

Jun 29, 2012
    Dalton, Ga
    more pics

Attached Files:

3. lavmonga

lavmonga

Jul 27, 2007
    New York, NY
    Might be a Squier body. They come/came in navy blue, and a replacement pickguard with a MIM neck.

4. Id bet money its a mexican standard with a replaced guard.

5. tbird99

tbird99

Jun 29, 2012
    Dalton, Ga
    yeah im pretty sure its new it had all the stickers on it like new i only got it for $500 because it was a 2011 guitar and couldnt be considered new (i guess) he said no previous owners just sat in the store for a year

6. tbird99

tbird99

Jun 29, 2012
    Dalton, Ga
    its not navy blue its just the bad lighting in my room its a lighter color i believe fender calls it lake placid blue

7. Thats a 10 hole guard, pop the guard off and see if there are enough extra screw holes to where a 13 hole guard would fit and if there is a CNC hole under neath , if so its a MIM standard body with a changed guard, its obvious the neck and tuners is all 100% stock MIM and as I said id bet the body is.

8. tbird99

tbird99

Jun 29, 2012
    Dalton, Ga
    I took off the guard and yeah man 13 screw holes and a cnc hole so does that mean its a stock 2011 standard with a replaced pickguard

9. Thats what i figured due to the MIM neck and the LPB finish is now a MIM color, 500$ seems like a fair price for a new MIM but if you have a problem with it , id return it as the owner wasnt exactly honest and its possible he didnt know as well , but still unfair to you.

10. gigslut

gigslut

Dec 13, 2011
    St Louis, Mo
    '50's classic neck has heel end truss rod access and large reverse tuners