Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What shall i buy to my Hartke 3500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bas_anton, Jun 29, 2001.

1. I want a 410 any special brand? I play figerstyle Funk, Slap, Jazz, Rock and some Gospel. I can only afford with one speaker.

2. FunkSlapRumblefish

FunkSlapRumblefish Guest

May 23, 2000
    Charlotte, NC
    maybe you should try the Hartke 410 XL cab, or if you need a cheaper cab try the Hartke 410 Transporter series. Both are good amps but the transporter is not as high quality. Just a suggestion.

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  4. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Carvin RL 4x10 T, I run one sometimes 2, thru a Hartke 2000 head, and think it sounds great. Great prices on the cab too. And just as as good a sound quality imo as ampeg, and swr, imo.

5. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    I recommend you match it to a 4x10 (Not Transporter) Hartke Cab.
    They sound great when matched.

6. Orco87

Orco87

Mar 26, 2000
    Texas
    I haven't heard anything bad about SWR. You could try SWR 4X10.

7. leper

leper

Jun 21, 2001
    i played a show today, and it was my first chance to hear a carvin cab (one of the other bands had one). I would suggest you stay away...the only way i can describe the sound is just wimpy. Spend teh extra cash and go for an swr, eden, or something from the ampeg pro line. just my opinion...

8. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    define wimpy?

ive been playing thru a carvin 4x10 for well over a year now, thru a hartke 2000 head, its pretty much the same head as the 3500 and I can honestly say its anything but wimpy sounding. Ive never had anyone say anything negative about my sound either. Its deep, and very full....in fact ive been told by previous and current band members that its too full sometimes. Ampeg and SWR are both great choices too, and after being a previous Ampeg owner, Id be willing to put a Carvin up against one for sound quality..even swr...They dont touch Eden though.

you should also fill out your profile so we know more about you.

9. Orco87

Orco87

Mar 26, 2000
    Texas
    I played a gig with a friend of mine and I burrowed his bro's carvin 1X18 I believe. I was playin through a GK head so I can see why LEPER would say it sounds wimpy. It sounded a lil' wimpy to me also when I played through it. But also, I didn't take the time to get the sound that I wanted because I didn't want to jack with the way the dude had everything set up. I'm concluding that (obviously) it depends on the amp head that you have powering the cab. If I actually did some work to get the sound wanted, then the 18 would've sounded nice. I guess it depends on the amp.....

10. I´ve bought a 410 xl and i´m relly happy with it

11. danny3k

danny3k Guest

May 26, 2001
    Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
    I suggest you buy either a Eden D-410XLT or a Ampeg PR410HLF or a SVT410HLF all those can handle 350 Watts very easily.