1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What shoud I do with this DPDT switch?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by paintandsk8, Jun 28, 2005.

  1. paintandsk8

    paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

    May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    Ok, so installed a two position on/on DPDT switch into my bass planning on doing the series parallel mod. After I already drilled the hole, I found out that the series/parallel mod doens't work with active pickups.

    So now I have a a DPDT switch installed in my bass with nothing to use it for. What would you guys do with it?

    I've already thought of

    1. A simple mute switch

    2. A bypass switch that will wire the pickups straight to jack when flipped one way, and to the V/V/T setup when flipped the other way.

    Any more creative ideas?
  2. tplyons


    Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Just leave it and tell people it's the talent switch, up is on, down is off. You can play well when it's up, but pretend to suck when it's down, then when people suck with it up, tell them they have no hope, and go back to guitar.
  3. Minger


    Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Lol, thatas a really good idea.
  4. paintandsk8

    paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

    May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN

    Nah, I already have a talent pedal. :D

    I realized that the pickups straight to jack one would require a 3PDT so that is out. Right now I have it running as a mute switch. I tried to make it a mute and battery kill switch, but I couldn't get rid of the pop, even with several different capacitors.

    I had another thought though. I haven't totally thought out the wiring, but I think it would be cool to use the switch to switch between two different caps on the tone pot. One pot could be the normal 47uF and then you could use another for a deeper or shallower roll of point. Anyone tried it before?

Share This Page