Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what should/can i do

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman454, Sep 29, 2002.

1. i have a valve pre-amp with 4 band eq. i mostly play with the eq flat on my amp, and boost the bass, slightly cut the mid from flat, and have treble just boosted above flat.
    now i really like how prominent the notes are, but i feel my sound is a little to poppy and not as beefy as would be desired to cut through.
    now i have tried cutting the low mids and boosting the lows on my amp, and its a nice tight hi-fi sound but my low "B" string is jsut so much louder than the others.
    so would maybe adding a graphic eq, or parametric eq be the go do you think, or should i just keep playing with my amp.
    thanks

2. and boost the bass, slightly cut the mid from flat, and have treble just boosted above flat.
    on my bass that is....

3. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I have the bass and mids boosted and leave the treble flat... too much treble sounds brittle.. the right amount of bass and mid gives a great beefy growly sound.