Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what should i ask for this speaker?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HRC Matt, Oct 24, 2004.

1. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    my uncle a few years back gave me this new trace elliot 1-10 speaker cab. its in apretty much flawless condition. he used it for 6 months, bought a huge set up, gave it to me...i used it 2 months and then bought my mesa setup, hasnt been taken anywhere but from my house to his. mint. i was going to trade it in, whats a fair price for it, i know not much but i know he purchased it from like 250$-300$ back then???

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    ten dollars........................i'll paypal you............. :D

i'm not sure to be honest. someone here can give you a good idea. I would sell it on here seeing as it's an easy ship due to the size. Heck, i'm actually kind of interested.

3. IvanMike

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i checked with milford music today because they used to be a trace dealer. as faras he can remember the new price was about in the 250-300 range. He also said that when trace ws "blowing out" their gear the price was quite a bit lower and that many people base the resale value on their stuff on the "blowout" prices. Post it on the tb forums at what you want and see if there's any takers. I'm still kinda interested.

4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
  5. IvanMike

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    I'd say 100 bucks shipped to CT is about right :D

6. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    well i might take you up on that mike. local music man wants me to do business with him, but in a sense i might be getting robbed. he has the matching mesa boogie 1x15 cab that i need to finish my stack (i own the 4-10). little bit older series, about 3-4 yrs old. i was going to trade him the trace elliot 1-10 cab and a bbe 462 sonic maximer +100$ for the 15. well he calls me back last night, saying "i got too much invested in it" but i'll take 150$. but im going down there to check it out, he isnt squeezing anymore than 100$ out of me. since the trace new was about 250$ like you said and this thing is FLAWLESS. so i was thinking of getting atleast $100-150$ out of it.

7. IvanMike

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    well here's the problem with trading to a music store. And not just cause i'm semi-interested. First, regardless of the cost or the cabinet at time of sale it's devalued. Second, it's not a high demand item. The # of cats like me interested in 1x10 cabs, (especially one like the trace which is not the best full range cab) is limited. Second, when a music store takes in a used item in that price range they generally are going to sell it for twice what they paid for it to make it worth the time, space in the store, etc. No way is this store getting 200 bucks for that cab. Putting it on consignment might help, but even then it could be a long wait, and he's going to want to make at least 20% or more of the final sale price.