1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What should I buy?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Malacypse, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Malacypse

Malacypse

Nov 20, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Alright, so I quit smoking last week. So, I want to take some of my new found savings from not buying cigarettes, and buy myself something new and shiny bass related. My budget is under 200, but I'm at a loss what to buy. Just looking for suggestions. I've got a basic setup, decent little 15in combo amp, and a modded Squier P that I love. No effects or anything yet. What's the TB community think would be fun to add to the mix?

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    First of all CONGRATS! I quit a few months ago. I would think an amp upgrade would be in order. You could sell the Ibanez (not a very good amp really) and put that cash and your $200 towards a nicer amp. There are DEALS out there right now! Where are you in NC? I could probably turm you on to several in our area. (You can PM me if you don't want to put your business all over the web). We NC quiters gotta stick together! HA!

3. Malacypse

Malacypse

Nov 20, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    I'm in Wilmington. I thought about putting it towards the amp. Let me know what you're talking about deal wise. I'd be interested in checking them out. And, congrats back at you, I figured what with the state doubling the cost of a pack, it was a good time to finally kick it.

4. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    A few bass lessons? <---Beware! These can be habit forming! :D

5. Malacypse

Malacypse

Nov 20, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Those are definitely in the works, but GAS can be a cruel mistress...

6. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Alrighty. Then make a deal with yourself. X# of bass lessons earns you a reward = a new bit of bass gear.