1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What should I do? (a microphone dilemma...)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by frankencow150, Feb 22, 2004.

1. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Hello. My birthday's coming up and and my mom got me a bunch of cd's so I can get one more thing...I'm not sure what to do. I need 2 microphones for my band (1 lead, 1 backup). Should I get this
    or this?

If I got the second option I'd have to get another cheap microphone (don't have much money). So I guess what I'm saying is, should I get a good shure sm57 mic and a bad shure mic (probably pg57), or the 2 AKG D9000 mics?

Does anyone have experience with those AKG mics? Are they good, bad? DETAILS...

alrighty...thanks in advance.

2. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Does anyone have experience with those AKG mics? Are they good, bad? DETAILS...

They don't seem to be on the AKG website yet (at least I couldn't find that model), but they look like updates of the Emotion series mikes. The Emotion D-880 is available for about 2/$100 at MF, and sounds as good as or better than the SM-58, in my experience. I've used these a lot, and recommend them highly for a good budget choice. Get the Series II if possible, the screen is more robust. If you want a 57 sound-alike, the D-770 is supposed to do that pretty well too.