Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What should I do? (a microphone dilemma...)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by frankencow150, Feb 22, 2004.

1. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Hello. My birthday's coming up and and my mom got me a bunch of cd's so I can get one more thing...I'm not sure what to do. I need 2 microphones for my band (1 lead, 1 backup). Should I get this
    or this?

If I got the second option I'd have to get another cheap microphone (don't have much money). So I guess what I'm saying is, should I get a good shure sm57 mic and a bad shure mic (probably pg57), or the 2 AKG D9000 mics?

Does anyone have experience with those AKG mics? Are they good, bad? DETAILS...

alrighty...thanks in advance.

2. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Does anyone have experience with those AKG mics? Are they good, bad? DETAILS...

They don't seem to be on the AKG website yet (at least I couldn't find that model), but they look like updates of the Emotion series mikes. The Emotion D-880 is available for about 2/$100 at MF, and sounds as good as or better than the SM-58, in my experience. I've used these a lot, and recommend them highly for a good budget choice. Get the Series II if possible, the screen is more robust. If you want a 57 sound-alike, the D-770 is supposed to do that pretty well too.