Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What should I do about this one (annoying neighbor)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bad Brains, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I have been living at this duplex house now since May. Apparently some guy moved in one of the units just before school started. Don't know him, never met him. Actually I didn't know anyone even lived there until a couple weeks ago. I have seen him a few times, and he looks like an a**hole, that was the vibe I got off him. Always talking real loud outside my door on his cell phone, complaining about how he hates Michigan so much.

Apparently all the sudden he decides he wants to start parking in our parking lot, i'm guess because he keeps getting tickets from parking in the street over night. Me, my roomate, and the rest of the neighbors already have our parking situation established. We have been parking in the same exact spots ever since last May, no problems.

Last week I woke up, and this a**holes car is parked so it not only blocks me in, but also my roomate. We figure mabey he was drunk, or in a hurry, or something so we let it slide.

Then...

Last night I was with some people working on an assignment, and I came home for a few mintuts to eat real quick. When I go to leave to go meet up with my group again I discover that a**hole just blocked me in, AND my roomate. We could get out if we wanted to drive on the lawn and over the curb. That's not good for the car. I was pretty pissed. Woke up this mourning to drive to my class...still blocked in.

So what am I to do with this ****ing a**hole? That has to be one of the rudest inconsiderate things I have ever seen someone do. Reminds me of double parking in the big cities. What goes thought this guys mind? "Hey lets just park here like I own the place, lets block in the neighbors so they can't go anywhere, I'm not going to knock on there door and talk to them, no way they have things they have to do, duhhh".

What were going to do is park on the edge so he can't get in and park. I don't really want a feud, but this is just stupid. If he would of just came to us and said he wants to park there we would have worked something out. It's war now!
    What do you people think about this?

2. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Have him towed.

3. Bingo

4. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    or stabbed!

5. ditto. a phone call is easy to make. and it only takes one time to learn...

6. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    That worked for me in college. I used to love UGA football games--it always meant I got to have someone towed.

7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I'da been knocking on his door within 5 minutes of being blocked. :confused:

you delt with it for most of a whole day?

8. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    I encountered a very similar situation some time ago. I tried to get the car towed but the so-called police told me that there was nothing they could do about it. Whatever. So I took matters into my own hands. I warned the guy that if he continued to park in front on my garage door ( I lived in a condo ) there would be "consequences". He didn't believe me. One Saturday, I get up to go to work at 2 a.m and I notice that he parked in front of my garage door again. I knew someone with a wrecker, so I called him up. We took his car to a local Meijers parking lot ( they're open 24 hours) and left it there. It was finally found by the police about 3-4 weeks later. He never parked in front of my garage again.

I don't recomend OR condone this solution, as it can ( and will) be considered grand theft if you get caught. BUT, you did ask !!!!!

9. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Ummm...try talking to him? I know that's not as fun as having him towed or knifing him, but it'd probably be the mature thing to do.

10. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I know this. I usually leave my ranting for other BB's too! I guess I just can't keep to myself without someone wrecking things up for me. :crying:

11. kyo

kyo

Jul 6, 2004
    talk to this dude and tell him that you had your parking situations established before you declare war. if he doesnt comply, have him towed, block him out, whatever it takes.

12. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    You are right. But it shouldn't be my job to talk to him. I moved in 3 months before he did, everyones parking situation was already established. He parked on the street the first month he lived there apparently. I don't think it's very mature for him to start blocking us in. He dosn't even take into account that mabey we have jobs and classes we might have to drive too. All he had to do was knock on our door and say "hey i'm ____, I moved in downstairs, can we arrange something so that I may park in the parking lot as well". I then would have said something like "sure no problemo, wanna beer or something". That's it!

Now he is the one making himself look like the A-hole. I probbaly should be mature about it, but i'm stubborn and I don't like it when people do things to me when I havn't done anything wrong to them. So I really want to make things harder on him. Mabey it will teach him a lesson in life perhaps?

Anyways....towing may be an option. The thing is he lives there too, so technically he has the "right" to park there because he is paying rent. I don't know if the tow company would do that under this circumstance. However I don't know why he feels he can block us in like that. What is this guys problem anyways? If he is willing to do this, then he must be an a**hole bigtime. I don't even want to barter with people like that.

13. You can also try being nice when you do talk to him. He may just be "not so bright" and doesn't realize he's causing a problem. If he's a weenie in return all bets are off. BTW, do you have a nice car? Just remember nasty surprises double in return.

14. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

If confronting him doesn't work, while wearing your "Death Dealer" t-shirt.....

- C&H fine sugar and a couple of ping pong balls rammed into the gas tank

- Idaho potatoes stuffed up the exhaust pipe(s)

Case closed. That ride will end up somewhere else, permanently. After all, you say "it's war, now!"
    :D :D .

15. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    That's what i'm worried about. It's my new car I got after my big wreck. I call it the "insurance money car" because that's how I was able to afford a nice car like this.

I'm guess what i'm just going to do is have me and my roomate park on the very edge of the lot, so he can't get in or even park behind us. If he dosn't like this, or still dosn't get the picture that he was being an idiot, he can then come knock on our door and we can working something out.

And about him being "not so bright"....I agree. That's the only explaination I can think of other then he's just a dick.

16. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Some police departments actually let you rent those devices known as the "Denver Boot," which is a device that locks over the wheel and prevents driving away without major damage (there was a great Simpsons episode about that). Lock him up when you don't need to move your car for a while. Or, if you have AAA Plus service, have him towed the 100 mile provision. Aim for Mexico.

17. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Exactly. Talk to the guy instead of assuming he is an ***hole that moved in to destroy your life. If talking doesn't work, advise him that he will be towed the next time. Fair warning.

18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I wouldn't talk to him. It's very very very clear that he knows what he is doing. If not he's a moron.

Hell, if he was doing this to me, he'd be lucky if he got towed.

I hate neighbors.

19. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Talk to your landlord. If he/she/the company is half decent, they will resolve the matter for you. But make sure you put it in writing, and don't make any threats.

20. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Matt is right, this guy knows.

On a side note I can already get a sense of what his personality is like because he is always talking on his cell phone right outside very loudly. Even the other neighbors say he's annoying because they can always hear him. This guy really hates Michigan, his plats say Illinois so he's not from around here. I think he should keep his conversations to himself.