1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What Should I do, any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bluewine, Apr 3, 2009.

1. bluewine

bluewine Banned

Sep 4, 2008
    WI
    I'm 56, there is this blond 32 year old chic that is constantly sending me e-mail and stopping in my cubicle several times a day. She knows I play bass and she knows I am auditioning for bands.

I'm interested in her, but I am at the age where it's really easy to misintepret signals from women, especially younger women.

If I ask her if she wants to get together outside of work and she gives me the "brush", I will be really embarassed, plus she will probably tell others I asked her out and she said no.

2. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    hit it. seriously, its worth asking, the worst that will happen is she will say no, or make up an excuse that she is busy or something. Give it a shot, the worst is no, the best is.... well you know. We need pics.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    She knows you like her. If she wants a piece, she'll ask you.

-Mike

4. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    not necessarily.

5. I agree.

My experience is that women somehow expect us to be mind readers.

She knows you play bass etc etc, are you in a gigging band at all? If she is interested at all in the fact you play, you could always invite her along to a gig or something?

Just don't point out that she turned legal when you were ten years older than she is now :p

6. bluewine

bluewine Banned

Sep 4, 2008
    WI
    I really have not showed her my hand, I really have not done anything that would suggest I'm "hot" for it.

However, if a chic is into you she will usually ask you to do something that would involve being out of the office.I think Mike is saying let her make the 1st move.

7. b_carville

b_carville

Jun 26, 2008
    Ask her out for coffee or a drink/bite to eat after work.
    Not like a date thing just say at the end of the day that you were going to grab a bite/drink after work & do you want to join me?This will probably work best if she chats you up near the end of the work day.
    Be careful not to come on too strong.

8. bluewine

bluewine Banned

Sep 4, 2008
    WI
    "Just don't point out that she turned legal when you were ten years older than she is now"

Never thought of it that way. What, am I not suposed to be doing this?:)

9. bluewine

bluewine Banned

Sep 4, 2008
    WI
    Nice idea, I could try it, but in a way it sounds like my "moves" from back in the 70s.

I'm not in a giging band yet. See, then it would be easy, I could just invite her to a gig.

Ask her to show up just about the time of the last 2 songs. That would make it easy to transition to my place.

10. bluewine

bluewine Banned

Sep 4, 2008
    WI
    Wow, last Summer I weny out with this 26 year old and I didn't realize nor was I really in touch with my age at the time. I ended up realizing that I had nothing in comon with her and I never knew or understood what she was talking about.

Ended up in reality that night and had a panic attacke, never saw her agian.

11. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Just be straight up with her. Tell her that you'd like to get her drunk and naked, in a gentlemanly way. If she's game, or there's a chance shell tell you. If there's no chance she'll brush you off and flake. At least you'll know though.

12. bluewine

bluewine Banned

Sep 4, 2008
    WI
    Mike, interesting comment, because now that I think about it, she is a very straight forward chic.

I should just ask her over to my place and tell her there will be no "funny business" just straight up, get right to it "bonning" If she says no to that I won't fell to bad, at least I was honest.

13. middy

middy

Mar 14, 2007
    Texas
    I don't know if I'd be that forward at work... try to invite her out first.

14. Not saying that at all :)

Just saying don't let the age thing bother you, and if it does, and she is interested, don't mention it. Women, as I'm sure we all know, like to pick and twist our words :meh:

15. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Always reasonable to ask someone out to lunch - that is a neutral setting and you should either get some signals - or just ask her if she's interested in going out. Nothing wrong with that.

16. bluewine

bluewine Banned

Sep 4, 2008
    WI
    Cool, but man if I get that "what the hell" look from her I will be crushed. I will feel like a silly 56 year old that thought he was actually going to get some of his youth back.

I have dated younger women, but I have been on an extended "dry spell" maybe I'm delusional, a dry spell can do that to you. :)

17. I think you should make some kind of move or you'll always wonder what might have happened, and kick your own butt for not trying - remember ... the clock is running

18. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    No.

19. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    This is simple. Find something outside of work that you know she likes and ask her to go with you. All she can do is say yes or no.

But make sure you're smooth and genuinely confident when you ask her. Don't ask her like you're in high school and expecting to be rejected. :D And don't make the part about asking her into a huge deal - it will just make her uncomfortable, even if she is interested. In other words, don't make it obvious that you're asking her on a formal date and you have romantic intentions.

You can do fine with this situation if you limit the scope of the question to the single event that you are asking her to. If she is interested, there will be plenty of opportunity to expand the scope while you're out with her. Be patient. :cool:

20. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    LMAO. First off, my name's not Mike, but that's cool. :)

Still, I don't think you want to be THAT direct. The taking her clothes off thing will work if you say it like your joking but both of you know that you're not. You're idea sounds a little scary, even to a chick that might be willing. Still you know her better than I do. Maybe your approach will work. Just my opinion. Good luck brother. :)