What Should I Do Today??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MikeyFingers, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Here's the deal:

1 - It's Saturday, it's pretty nice out, but it's supposed to snow tonight (a LOT).

2 - I've been awake since about noon yesterday, that's about 24 hours. I'm a little tired, but I've done it before. If I go to sleep now, I'll wake up in the middle of the night and be awake all night again, so I'm definitely staying up.

3 - I need something to do today, but I'm all out of ideas. I have some money, so I have some options. I have friends and tranportation available, we just need a destination and an activity of some kind.

4 - I've been playing my bass all night, my finger hurt, I'm not playing anymore today. At least not for a while. So don't bother suggesting it

5 - When I haven't been playing bass, I've been watching TV. NO MORE TV.

6 - I live on Long Island. Anyone else who lives on LI will understand how painfully boring this place is. Hopefully, a fellow LI TBer will be able to help me out.
  2. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    OK, here's your challenge if you choose to accept it.

Stay on TB for the rest of the day.

Reply to EVERY post in EVERY forum that is made from now until the time you decide to go to sleep.
  3. Wait until it snows, then GO TRAY SLEDDING!!!
  4. I've been doing that for the last hour. My internet is starting to slow down and lag a lot cause I've been using it all night. I can't stare at any more screens today, TV or computer.
    I need something that requires some amount of physical activity (typing doesn't count), and preferably outside of my house.
  5. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Go downtown. ie Manhattan.
  6. Don't really have enough money to have a good time in the city. EVERYTHING is much more expensive there.
  7. See if you can make yourself barf. I've heard that you can keep barfing, LONG after you think you're done.

Otherwise, rotate your tires. I've been putting it off-
  8. Jazzin'

Repaint your walls.
  9. The sledding is a decent idea, but I don't think we're getting any snow for a while, probably not until tonight. Plus, there's no hills around here.

@Golden Boy--Vomiting isn't something I enjoy doing, especially not on purpose. As for the tires......meh. I'm too sleepy to be jackin up my car, I'll screw something up or hurt myself.

Keep em coming though. It's almost been 2 hours already.
    LajoieT's idea is working, the time it really going by fast when I just lurk around forums. But my eyes are starting to burn.....and they're bleeding a little, is that bad?
  10. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    read a book.

or get drunk or something, idunno. why are you asking us?
  11. Jazzin'

Instead of reading a book. Write a novel.
  12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Go the the Smith Haven Mall and grab a bite to eat at Red Robin.

13. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Since its nice outside, go out and take pictures...grab a digital, and go for a long walk...let your mind wander, and take random shots of as many different 'topics' as you can. If you see another person along the way, take their picture and find out what they're doing.

Then when you've filled your camera up, load up a thread here with your pictures and your thoughts along the way...
  14. Don't have a camera.

Roosevelt Field is better:p

I already read a good chunk of a book today.
    I played more bass.
    I watched more TV out of desperation, almost fell asleep watching it, went for a walk.
    It is officially snowing here now, so for at least a few hours I'm not gonna be able to do any outdoor activities.
    All my friends are bitches and won't drive in the snow.
    I think I might just have to go with Scott Zoltok's suggestion. Before the storm gets too bad, I'm making a beer run. What a waste of a day. Sorry to drag you into it.
  15. Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Hey! getting drunk is not wasting a day! There are 24 hours in a day 24 for beers in a case... coincidence? I think not! God made it so... You can't argue with the big Guy!
  16. g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    write a song.
  17. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Spend the day debating what you're gonna do...then don't do anything.
  18. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Drinking by yourself...fun...:rollno:
  19. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    There's a little piece of magic that happens if you combine these 2 suggesetions.