What should I do with a short scale squire jaguar?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Jared Houseman, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Jared Houseman

Jared Houseman

Jul 5, 2018
    I acquired a short scale squire jaguar and am looking for some mods to do to it. I believe it's the cheapest version that came packaged with rumble 15s. It currently has volume/volume/tone.

The mods don't need to be practical, I just enjoy tinkering with basses. I'm looking more for wiring mods rather than cosmetic because I'm not really interested in repainting/reshaping the body.

I already have a tele bass with series/parallel pick up and a varitone, and a Ibanez talman 300 with active bass/treble p pickup and dual or split jazz pickup

Give me some fun ideas for this bass

Beej likes this.
  2. Beej

Beej

Feb 10, 2007
    Vancouver Island
    Off the top of my head, what about strat layout, wiring and switching using three '51 P pickups? :D

Personally, I'd plane 3/16" off the back, increase the roundovers to 5/8", delete the neck plate (shape the area for comfort and replace with neck ferrules), install the neck and bridge with inserts and paint the body and headstock a matching colour (like seafoam with a tort guard), and install a strat jack along with the strat wiring and layout. Off the top of my head... :D

Rôckhewer likes this.
  3. Rôckhewer

Rôckhewer Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 28, 2015
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Owner/Builder- RockHewer Custom Guitars LLC
    Aye.... all that...
    Then string her up as a "piccolo" :smug:

Beej likes this.
  4. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

I’d suggest trying a set of piccolo bass strings on it. You might find it eye opening. :)

5. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

rip out those nasty metal things on the fingerboard and really 'up your game'! good luck with your mods! :thumbsup:

6. Jared Houseman

Jared Houseman

Jul 5, 2018
    I think that's what I might try

JRA likes this.
  7. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

8. Paulabass

Paulabass

Sep 18, 2017
    Install a DMX controller in it, and you can do lights while playing.
    A switch that turns on a blender full of margarita makings.
    Four LED lights that flash randomly. Periodically look at them, make a small adjustment, smile, and carry on.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021