Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What should I do?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Coutts_is_god, May 8, 2004.

1. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I need a new amp.
    Right now I have a squier 15 thingy. It realy does not do its job, because I can only play with the "high" truned up and the rest truned down. Playing at the volume of no higher then 3 or the speaker rattles.

Right now I have 350 canadian dollors in my biggy bank, and I get paid $20 for cutting the grass once a week and sometimes I wash the Van and the truck and get paid $20 for doing that. Yes, I have been putting applications out everywhere.

I jam with my friends (Garage rock band) who have drum kit, Peavy 15, and a fender 100 watt power of sound thing.

I'm thinking I should just buy something a little bigger then my amp I have now. Maybe between 25 and 60 watts. Because I have to carry this thing to each of my friends house.

Any Ideas what I should do?

Thanks
    Jim

2. A Behringer combo would fit the bill. I got a 60 watt one for 280 $ canadian and it's pretty decent. Very good price, solid amp. Weighs 48 pounds, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem. The 30 watt version is lighter and basically the same, minus some power and lows, and hovers around 200$.

Obviously, an Ampeg B-50R would be very very nice, but we're talking over 500$ for it. Depends on what you'd want to spend.

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Fender Bassman 60. It might even sound a little better than my SWR Workingman's 12.

4. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    its a shame eden doesnt make combos....

i agree with munji, those bassmans are pretty nice. and theyre a good buy and pretty reliable. but also the ashdown electric blue combos are good too. reasonably priced and loud if you need them to be. give them a look.

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Well, there's always Eden's CXC series. More costly than many, but less costly than a Metro.

[​IMG]

6. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    and eden does make (or used to make anyways) the nemesis line- they sound pretty good and are relatively lightweight. you WILL get more for your hard earned ( ;) ) $$$ buying used though...

7. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    wrong again...ive really got to start paying more attention. :rolleyes: :confused: