Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what should I do?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by violatedppl, Oct 3, 2005.

1. stay with current band

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. go with new

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. both?

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. screw em all

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ok heres the deal. I used to play in a band in my old town (40 miles away from where I live know) I know that we are/were pretty good. but now I that I live 40 miles away it costs me appox 15 dollors in gas to go to and from practice, now the rest of the band really thinks they are going to make it, but I dont think any of them have the know how to set anything up, IE shows to play, getting our name out and a CONTRACT for when we would play out. So I have been trying out with many bands in my area and found a really good one. but my delima is, play with the band I started with and have played with for 4 years or start with this new band. I know we have a show on fri and I think I might let them know I am thinking about quiting after that. Do you think it would be a dick thing to do?

2. Gorcbass

Gorcbass

Sep 16, 2005
    Galway, Ireland
    I would go to a few practices with the new band. If you like what you hear and the guys are pretty cool then I would go with them. To be honest, from what you said the other band doesnt look like it is going anywhere and $15 will add up.