What should I do???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by deathbloomslife, Jan 14, 2006.

Which Combo??

Poll closed Jan 21, 2006.
  1. Poplar Body, Olymic White w/ Birdseye on Birdseye

5 vote(s)
  2. Ash Body, Natural Gloss w/ Birdseye on Birdseye

14 vote(s)
  3. Poplar Body, Olympic White w/ Ebony on Birdseye

8 vote(s)
  4. Ash Body, Natural Gloss w/ Ebony on Birdseye

19 vote(s)
  1. Okay, with this Spring's tax return, I may be wanting to construct myself a Fender styled fretless project from Warmoth. If I go through with the idea, it will be my absolute first project, as well as my first fretless.

My ideas for the bass are nothing too complicated. Basrtolini active/passive preamp and jazz pickups. Black BadAss or Hipshot B Style bridge. DR Black Beauties. One-Piece flat black pickguard. Black Elephant Ear/Cloverleaf Tuning Keys. Yadda yadda yadda.

Okay, down to the meat n potatoes of this thread. My question is. Would the above setup look better on an olympic white colored poplar body, or a glass natural finish on top of an ash body?

A second question deals with the neck. My favorite neck combo is definately birdseye neck with a matching board. Would that be a bad idea for a fretless? Should I instead go with an ebony board? Either way, the neck will have fretlines (I'm going to try to get Warmoth to make me a neck with similar colored board and fret lines.)

So, Which should I do???

2. g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    i think it will look better in white if all your hardware is black.
  3. ganga

Jul 14, 2005
    Poplar Body, Olympic White w/ Ebony on Birdseye
  4. I actually do intend on having ALL black hardware. (Tuning Machines, Bridgem Control Knobs, and yes, even the strings (DR BB.)

5. g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    lol yea i know, i just worded it kinda funny. the last part of the sentence should be in the front of the sentence if in order to get what i wanted to say across more clearly.
  6. ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    Sounds like a job for the Bass Photoshop thread!

I'd go for the natural Ash body, personally.
  7. Yeah, I was thinking the same thing... However, Beav2k looks like he's already got quite a load of work on his hands... And I also used him previously to create this bass masterpiece ospawned by my imagination

At the moment, I'm sort of swaying towards the natural ash with birdseye on birdseye, and then doing an olympic white P Bass of some sort in the future. Still undecided though:meh: .

8. Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005
    Actually, I think all black hardware could look really good with an all natural body/neck. I'd go with the natural ash and ebony fingerboard.

Edit: Didn't see it was fretless.