Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What should I do?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by basegetar, Jan 3, 2002.

1. I'm working on recording on my PC. So far I'm just mic'n my amp and recording onto N-track studio. Does anyone know a (low budget) way of making my recordings sound better?

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Recording direct. No mics.

3. How would I go about doing this?

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Connect the line out or preamp out of your amp with the line in of your soundcard.
    You can use a stereo chorus pedal or sth. like that to plit the signal into "stereo", or you use a simple mixer to do that.
    But it should work without it, just don't use the mic in of your soundcard, the built-in mic preamps are really bad.

5. Alright, I'll run this by my roomate (guitarist in future band) and see what he has to say about it. He's running things at the technical end. He's making something for our computer called a project box. I don't know what it does, but he says it will help recording.