What should I do?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SoComSurfing, Feb 28, 2002.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I have a decision to make that must be made rather soon:
    I've been craving a Thumb 6 BO for some time now, but I've been on fours for the past 6 years. I just found a neck-thru Thumb 4 for a great deal, and need to act fast if I'm gonna go for that! What should I do!! I play mostly ska/punk/rock, so I really don't know how much I'd use the extra string till I got really comfortable with them, but seems like it would be a good option to have.
    I am only 18, so those 6-strings will be around when I'm ready, and this 4 is an awesome deal, but I dunno.
  2. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Buy what you want.Somewhere in the back of your mind you know what you want to get.In ska and punk the extra 2 strings probably wont help you much,but in rock they would do you well.some punk bands play with 5-stringers and it sounds ok but i dont know if youll ever used the 6th one.Do what you want,and make sure yer gettin' a good deal!

Good luck...

~the dude
  3. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    If it's such a great deal, why not take it? You seem to really want it.

There are a lot of bass players who make a big statement with only 4 strings. Do you think you can't live without the extra string or two?

I say, if the Thumb is such a great deal, take the deal.
  4. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Just because you might not use the two other strings now doesnt mean that you wont use them in the future. Just wanted to add to your confusion. :D