What should I do

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by THC, May 22, 2003.

1. Or not do? I have a chance to trade my '88 Mapleglo 4003 Ric for a 200? black EB stingray. I haven't played the Ric since I switched to a fretless Pedulla Rapture many moons ago. I've also gravitated to the J world. But I've never played a stingray ever. I'm intrigued with the idea of turning a bass I know & love into something new & different, but worried that I'll regret my decision later. What would you do?
  2. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Keep the Rick and buy the Stringray.
  3. I can't spend any more money right now. It's an even swap. They're probably +/- $50 each in value.
  4. It depends if you like the tone of the Stingray and have any use for it musically.

As much as I can't resist GAS, I try to avoid getting things that I don't think I'll need. If you trade the Rick for the Stingray and find that you don't use the Stingray that much, then you're back a square one.

On the other hand, if you want to be adventurous you could get the Stingray and then you'd have the option to use it if the need every arose. If the Pedulla fulfills all of the tonal qualities that the Rick used to, and you want to expand your stable, so to speak, then getting a Stingray would add some bite to your family.

PS: A Stingray doesn't sound much like a J.
  5. Go out and try a Stingray and see if you like it. They are everywhere and shouldn't be too hard to find.