What should i get for my ffirst stack?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Staindfan10, Jun 11, 2001.

1. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Hm, more info needed.
  2. Staindfan10

Jan 20, 2001
    yeah like what are good cabinets and heads
  3. Incase it was unclear, "JMX" means that we need more info from you. Like:How much $ are you willing to spend? What do you play? Where do you play? How loud do you need to be? What are some of your "tonal"(sp?) preferences? What have you previously owned/heard/played/used? Did you like it? Is there any stuff you want to steer clear of...? All that good stuff.
  4. Staindfan10

Jan 20, 2001
    i duno bout the money yet cuz it it smy parents money so yeah lol but umm but im not getting itnow i'm jsut think about it. i play like rock heavier stuff. where do you play i dunno places.loud enough. and i'm just wondering what stuff is good so when i do get one i'll know what to stay away from
  5. xHarperx

May 8, 2001
    k here's the deal I just bought my first stack 3 months ago I bought all used yorkvile 2/3 good 1/3 bad good parts were that it was used it was a stack the bad part was IT SUCKED!! here's what you do buy the best then you never need to up grade (thats what I always doing now!!) that means buy messa and ampeg cabs!!!! don't buy crap cause you just have to replace crap in a short while and it costs more!! This doesn't mean you have to buy alot of cabs jsut buy a good base the you don't have to replace but you can still grow from
  6. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Well if i had a student come into the store and ask me the same thing not knowing really anything about you like how long have you played bass? Id probably just say get a ampeg! But if you tell us a bit more we might help more!