What should I invest in this month, please help me.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by NoiseNinja, Jun 30, 2017.

1. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Experimental-psychedelic-ambient-noise-drone

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
    I have kind of a dilemma, I have couple of options of gear I can invest in, but my budget only allows me to buy one of following things:

1. A Behringer Ultrashifter US600, picthshifter effect + a Joyo American Sound, which I attend to use for my got to moderate overdrive.

2. A Zoom CDR 70, multi effect with nearly 150 different effects with the new updates, not including overdrives and amp sims, but the possibility to combine up to 6 effects (already have a Zoom B3, same quality but fever effects and only 3 effects simultaneous)

3. A used Behringer BXL 3000 300W combo amp with a 15" build in, as practice and backup amp, though I already have a better quality rig consisting of a SS Trace Elliot 130W 15" SM combo and a Dynacord Bass King 50W all tube amp with a 15" cab.

So which you recommend me to invest in and why, according to you?

I am tempted towards the amp cause it's extremely cheap for a 300W amp with speaker unit, even for a Behringer, and it's a one time chance since it is used, whereas the other options will always be available and theoretically could wait till next month when I get my pay, on the other hand I don't exactly need it, other than it would be nice to have a real practice amp with headphone output and a backup amp in case my current rig should fail.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  2. gebass6

gebass6 We're not all trying to play the same music. Supporting Member

Don't see how the word "invest"applies.
    It's not the stock market.
    Do you expect a high return?

3. NoiseNinja

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
    I am sorry, but English is not my first language, so I might miss some nuances and sometimes I might not use the correct term in the context.

But I assume you still got the main point of my thread, and just for some reason is nitpicking for the sake of it?

Anyway to explain why I use the word investment is that I still see it as an investment, since I use my money and expect an outcome, not economically, but in terms of practical useabillity.

You know like you can invest time in something to expect a certain outcome that doesn't necessarily have to be economically.

Seanbassplayer likes this.
  4. NoiseNinja

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
    And never mind, think I have decided in favor of the amp.

5. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Behringer amps suck IMO. Flat lifeless tone, too heavy for their size, often faulty - this backup amp would likely fail before your primary.

My vote goes to the CDR, or even the MS100BT.

6. NoiseNinja

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
    Well, in the end I went for something completely different and bought an old vinatge 70's short scale bass:

NBD, or well soon at least, very exited! (Vintage 70's short scale content)

Behringer is not as bad as some people try to make them though, at least I never had any problems with any of their gear, apart from some of their plastic stompbox pedals, which can be noisy when engaged.

I agree as much that the quality is not the best, but you don't exactly pay for that either, and I'll go as far as if you know which of their products to stay away from, you can actually get some really cheap and quite decent stuff.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 4, 2021