1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What should I write my Ebook on??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Noseferatu, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Noseferatu

Noseferatu

Feb 12, 2010
    Hermitage, PA
    I want to write an ebook and I don't know what a good topic would be or what people would buy.

Help!!

2. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    I'm afraid the selling a book part comes only after you find a motivating subject.

3. Pick something you're interested in and something you know a good about of information on. If you don't know much of what you're writing about, nobody will want to read it, regardless if it's a popular topic.

4. Noseferatu

Noseferatu

Feb 12, 2010
    Hermitage, PA
    I want to make sure it's a good-selling topic though.

5. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    The problem is, if you don't know now, how will your ebook be valuable enough to sell? If your plan is to document yourself on free Internet content and then sell it, chances are that others will do the same instead of buying the ebook.

You have to find something you're passionate enough about that the quality of your ebook will justify the purchase.

"Good-selling" comes after quality.

6. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    If you can't even come up with a topic, then you shouldn't be considering writing a book. Lack of creativity is boring....

7. SEA TURTLES

8. SpamBot

SpamBot

Dec 25, 2008
    St. Paul, MN
    Deja vu.

9. UNICORNS AND KITTENS

10. SpamBot

SpamBot

Dec 25, 2008
    St. Paul, MN
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=561564

Nosferatu, are you a dupe account of twdavis trying for a fresh start? That'd be understandable, considering all of the Gene Simmons love that got twdavis ridiculed

EDIT: Detective work shows this most certainly is twdavis. Nosferatu's join date is the same as the date of twdavis' last activity.

11. Noseferatu

Noseferatu

Feb 12, 2010
    Hermitage, PA
    I have no idea who that is actually. I am a Gene Simmons fan, but not enough to create a new account on a forum to keep posting abput him. How pathetic.:rolleyes:

Anyway, this has nothing to do with my topic. Is there no way that it is a coincidence that this poster wanted to write an ebook also??

:confused:

12. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    Nice detective work, Spambot.

Noseferatu/twdavis, the advice hasn't changed. If you aren't particularly well informed or interesting to read, then you probably aren't ready to write a book, electronic or otherwise. The lack of a topic just confirms the previous. If you were well informed (a subject matter expert in a particular area) then the topic will naturally come to you.

If you are no better informed than the internet (and the internet is gaining on authors every day) then you probably will not sell too many books.

13. Noseferatu

Noseferatu

Feb 12, 2010
    Hermitage, PA
    okay, I still don't know who
    that is, but whatever. I'm not afraid to admit I'm a big Gene Simmons fan. He's a great rock basssist. So what. He gets unfairly bashed in alot
    of different places. oh well, can't change the opinions of others.

Anyway, I just decided within the last week to write this thing. I know that there will be people in my particular niche that, once I write my book, will buy it, but what if that particular niche doesnt sell as well as others?

14. Mortiis

Mortiis Banned

Apr 24, 2010
    UK
    Sea Monkeys.

15. drteeth

drteeth

Apr 1, 2008
    Leuven, Belgium
    Don't write if you've got nothing to say.

16. Mortiis

Mortiis Banned

Apr 24, 2010
    UK
    Scatology!

17. I never knew there was a whole branch of science dedicated to shooing away cats.

18. drteeth

drteeth

Apr 1, 2008
    Leuven, Belgium
    Just wait till you hear about s'moo'logy :smug:

19. You could write a book about Gene Simmons.

20. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    Unicorn Turtles?