What site(s) to post your bands music???

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by gregmon79, Jul 25, 2013.

1. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    My band is finishing up our final touches with mastering and mixing and our EP is almost complete. :) now I have had a few people ask me to send them a link to them so they could listen to our music. What are some good sites to post our music on so they can listen to our music and possibly even downloaded it without having to pay for it? Or even pay for it? Besides iTunes. Thanks for the help!

2. Soundcloud is probably best if you just want it available for free streaming, dropbox is good if you're only sending it to a few people as a free download.

For paid downloads, the most popular besides Itunes is Amazon, but you'll usually have to go through a third party distribution company to get it on there. But you'll get money when people buy it obviously!

3. RxFunk

RxFunk

Dec 2, 2012
    Arizona
    +1 on soundcloud and Amazon

4. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Inactive

Jan 20, 2011
    soundcloud + link it to your band's website.

5. MCS4

MCS4 Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    We stream our new album for free on our ReverbNation page and offer (paid) downloads on our BandCamp.com page.

6. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    Bandcamp definitely, you can set your own prices and stuff. My bands newest EP is up for name your own price which is a cool way to connect with people/get it out there. Reverbnation is okay, a lot of people hate it some people love it and you have to pay to post more than a certain number of songs now. Soundcloud is good too, also has space limits.

We hosted our stuff through tunecore to manage online sales. We pay the yearly fee, they manage royalty distribution and online sales for all the major streaming and downloading sites (amazon, itunes, rdio, spotify, rhapsody, googleplay, etc).

7. jordan2

jordan2

Apr 2, 2011
    I second bandcamp, Soundcloud can be good for certain things (my band uses it as a widget on our band page) but I personally like the layout of band camp a lot more for entire albums, especially if you are using it alone and not as part of a website. You can sell your music or have "name your price".

8. bkbirge

bkbirge

Jun 25, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
    Soundcloud is my choice. The networking capabilities alone puts it above the other sites I've looked at.

9. Never used band camp but I'm sure I've seen that you can download tracks in loads of different formats from it. Could be wrong though... Cba to google it!

10. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    Yes. They require high quality lossless (aiff, wav, or flac) files for upload and then allow download in a variety of formats that are automatically converted from the HQ upload (mp3, apple lossless, ogg, flac, acc, etc).

11. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Thanks everyone! This will definitely get us going in the right directions.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021