1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What size torx wrench for Deluxe Active P-Bass

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by macdude357, Apr 17, 2009.

  1. macdude357


    Mar 8, 2009
    I bought a used 2008 Fender Deluxe Active P-Bass Special but the owner didn't have the torx wrench that came with it for adjusting the truss rod. Can anyone tell me what size I need?

  2. JTE

    JTE Supporting Member

    Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    Um, I beleive it's an allen wrench, not a Torx. Allen wrenches are hex-shaped (that means six-sided). The Torx is a star-shaped wrench.

    I don't know the sizes, but if Fender's website doesnt' tell you, take the bass to Sears or a local hardware store and try out different sizes. Then buy a couple of them for each sized nut on your bass.

  3. two fingers

    two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

    Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    It's Allen NOT torx. I've got a Fender "T" shaped Allen that should fit it (and NO American Fender to use it on). Can't tell from your profile where you are. If you're in the lower 48 I will send it to you. Shoot me a PM.

    Or you could go to the local hardware store and get a whole set of standard (NOT metric) Allen wrenches for about $5.

    Edit to add: Just went and looked at the "T" wrench that I have. It's 3/16".
  4. D Rokk

    D Rokk Banned

    Feb 19, 2009
    Delta Quadrant
    the one that fits
  5. walterw

    walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

    Feb 20, 2009
    which will indeed be 3/16".
  6. macdude357


    Mar 8, 2009
    I feel so stupid. When I bought the bass, I brought the allen wrench from my Squier Bronco bass hoping it would fit the Fender so I could ensure that the truss rod wasn't stripped. When my allen wrench didn't fit, the seller told me it took a torx wrench. After looking into it with a flashlight, it did indeed look like a torx socket so I just assumed that was the case. Turns out that a 3/16ths allen wrench was the correct one after all.

    Thanks for all your replies.

Share This Page